Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nancy Meyers

I love Nancy Meyers' movies. Somethings Gotta Give is in my top five movies of all time. Maybe second to Casablanca. I also loved last year's It's Complicated. Some of the movies she's written, directed and produced are Private Benjamin, What Women Want, Father of the Bride I & II, The Holiday and Parent Trap. Of course Private Benjamin and Father of the Bride I & II were remakes, but they were great remakes. I just enjoy her movies. For me, she's like Gene Hackman, Diane Keaton, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis and Alfred Hitchcock in that I always look forward to one of her movies and I know if she's involved in it, I'll probably really like it no matter what it is and I can watch their movies over and over and over.

Something's Gotta Give is just a fun movie to watch. In fact I've watched it so much, it was so scratched that watching it was just a sequence of long pauses. FUN FACT: putting toothpaste on a cd to clean it really does work and since doing that my dvd has only had a minor skip or two. I'm going to try it on some of my other dvds. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment